«Current translation pending review – For demonstration only».
We were honored to support an excellent environment, together with his friends and members, the House of Europe in Rhodes cut his pie on Thursday, 19/01/2017, at Alter Ego.
In his brief greeting, the President of the House of Europe, Mr. Michalis Kavuklis, spoke for an excellent year that ended with the huge success of the International Rhodes Model Regional Co-operation Simulation Conference, but also for the New Year which begins with the 7th Eurochannel Short Film Festival, 15-22 February 2017, the Three Days for Europe, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Tourism, 15-17 March 2017, the Expressions for Dialogue Program for the Creation of Live Libraries, and for the new preparations for Rhodes MRC 2017, among others.
A brief mention was made by the House Honorary Ms. Marilena Soykianou in the program of twinning of the Apollona Young Horizons Cultural Club with a corresponding club in the birthplace of Grandmaster D’Aubusson and the actions to be implemented in the coming months. Dedication coordinates and assists the House of Europe in Rhodes.
The most important moment of the evening was the awarding of bodies and persons who contributed significantly to the success of the House’s actions for 2016. More specifically, they were awarded:
- The South Aegean Region to support the RhodesMRC 2016 Congress. Michalis Ananias, the Regional Adviser on Education, received the honorary plaque.
- The Municipality of Rhodes to support actions such as Camp Democracy and RhodesMRC 2016.
- The honorary plaque was received by Deputy Mayor of Culture, Teris Hadjiioannou.
- The Epirus of Antiquities of Dodecanese to provide space for the events of the House.
- The honorary plaque was received by the Director of the Ephorate, Mrs. Mania Mihailidou.
- The Chamber of Dodecanese for the hosting of the events of the House.
- The honorary plaque was received by the member of the Board of Directors of the Chamber, Mr. Georgios Antonoglou.
- The Rhodes Scholarship Public Benefit Foundation “Emm. and Mary Stamatiou “to provide space for the actions of the House.
- The honorary plaque was received by the President of the Foundation, Mr. Manos Kokkinos. The Rhodio Hydrobiological Station for the hosting of the House events.
- The honorary plaque was received by the Director of the House, Mr. Andreas Sioulas.
- The Sheraton Rhodes Resort Hotel for the support and hospitality of RhodesMRC 2017.
- The honorary plaque was received by the Chief Financial Officer, Mrs. Ioanna Kambouropoulou.
- The Museum of Neo-Hellenic Art of the Municipality of Rhodes for the hosting of the events of the House.
- The honorary diploma and commemorative gift was received by the member of the Board of Directors of the Museum, Mrs Rea Papachristou.
- The European Information Center of Rhodes – Europe Direct for the good cooperation between the two institutions.
- The Honorary Diploma and commemorative gift was received by the Managing Director of ANDO, Ms. Rena Diakidi-Pavlaki.
- Haroula Yiasirani, Regional Adviser on European Programs and Volunteerism, for her personal contribution and effort for the success of RhodesMRC 2016.
- Deputy Mayor of Culture, Teris Hatziioannou, for his personal contribution and effort in the actions of the House.
- The President of the Municipal Cultural and Sports Organization of Rhodes, Mr. Sergios Aivazis, for his personal contribution and effort for the success of RhodesMRC 2016.
A brief greeting was also made by the Vice-Governor of the Dodecanese, Mr. Charalabos Kokkinos. Among the friends who honored the event with their presence was a delegation of the Samaritans of the Red Cross Rhodes, the President of the Pharmaceutical Association of the Dodecanese, Mr. Georgios Alaphakis, the President of the Apollonia Cultural Club “Young Horizons”, Mr. Manolis Kyriazakos and the President of the Rhodian Center for Historical and Social Studies, Mr. Ioannis Papageorgiou. The Flower of the House won the House member and Director of the 1st High School of Rhodes, Mrs Katerina Sfakianaki. Flower corresponded to a charm for 2017, offered by the Secretary of the House, Magdalen Tsourdiou, and a collector limited edition.
The appointment was renewed for the 15th of February, the premiere day of the 7th Eurochannel Short Film Festival, and 45 short films from every corner of Europe will be screened in 8 special screenings at the Pallas cinema, from 15 to 22 February on 20 : 00, with a symbolic entrance of 2 € per view. The films, dramatic and comedy to stop motion and documentary, deal with the particular subject of the Family and how modern European creators perceive it. The festival takes place exclusively in Greece through a collaboration of the House with the American network Eurochannel.