The House of Europe in Rhodes is organizing for the third consecutive year a series of three unique events with the title: “Three Days for Europe Entrepreneurship and Rural Economy”, on 5th-7th February 2015.
Thursday, 05/02/2015 – Europe against fanaticism and Islamophobia
Four speakers: Dionysis Gouvias, Assistant Professor, University of the Aegean, the cartoonist Vangelis Pavlidis, Nagme Rohan and the lawyer Gabriel Haritos.
What is the multicultural Europe? Are there any restrictions on freedom of speech? How does fanaticism affects Europe today? Is Islamophobia a real danger?
The event will be dedicated to the memory of the dead of Charlie Hebdo.
At Aktaion Hall, 19:00 (https://www.facebook.com/events/902193496488026/)
Coordinator: Michael Kavouklis
Friday, 06/02/2015 – Alternative Forms of Entrepreneurship & New approaches to tourism product
We search for new business models, learn about the Social Cooperative Enterprise and know examples of diversification of the tourism product.
1. What are the Social Cooperative Enterprises? Presented by the lawyer Irene Chatziantoniou.
2. Rhodian Center of Historical and Social Research. Presented by Yiannis Papageorgiou.
3. Innovation in Tourism I: When in Greece. Presented by Chrysa Trivilou.
4. Innovation in Tourism ΙΙ: THRONE OF HELIOS
Coordinator: Magdalene Tsourdiou
At Aktaion, 19:00 (https://www.facebook.com/events/843525222375803/)
Saturday, 07/02/2015 – Rural Economy: Opportunities and Examples
We learn about the old and new examples of rural economy, good practices and know more about trends and opportunities.
Organized free transport-excursion (reservations 2241030486):
– 09:00, Departure from San Francisco. – 10:00, Arrival to Apollon Village, Guided Tour at the Folklore Museum of Apollona. – 11:00, Seminar “Rural Economy: Opportunities and Examples”. – 13:30 – 16:00, Free time to spend at the village. – 16:00, Departure for Rhodes.
There will be lunch time, 12 euro per person, at “Yiarenis” restaurant.
The entrance is free to all events.
«Current translation pending review – For demonstration only».