With the mediation of our member Mrs. Vanna Triantaphyllou and in collaboration with the very important Belgian Welfare Organization AIGS, with which our organization is in close collaboration since 2001, a group of 10 youngsters needing special care, have been hosted in the Ecological Hostelry of Mrs. Susanna Fioretti in the village of Apolakkia, in Rhodes.
Τhe House of Europe in Rhodes has taken care and provided:
- the nourishment of our guests, the cleaning of the hostelry and the transport and guided sightseeing of the group around the highlights of the island as well as in the Medieval City of Rhodes and its monuments.
- It has also invited them at its seat, in the Medieval City of Rhodes, for a traditional Greek dinner.
Τhe youngsters and their escorts left our island enthusiastic and as they declared to us they were very often really touched by the behavior of the inhabitants of the village of Apolakkia, the warmth they have shown on their behalf and the fruit and vegetables they provided them with.
With the souvenirs from these holidays, which they will cherish in their hearts, we believe they will carry on with their lives with more optimism.
We would like to warmly thank:
- Mrs. Susanna Fioretti, for hosting the group in her hostelry.
- Mrs. Vanna Triantaphyllou, our member, for her mediation.
- The Municipality of Southern Rhodes, for putting at our disposal the vehicle for the transfer of our guests.
- The inhabitants of the village of Apolakkia, for their warmth and caring of our guests.
- Mrs. Lara Kontou, our member, an official guide, for guiding our guests.
- The members of the Board, for their offerings and contribution.