1st International Conference of the House of Europe in Rhodes within the context of the European Year of Languages 2001, on the theme of: «The Language as a means of Communication and Intercultural Influence”, with the participation of thirteen speakers / professors from the Universities of Athens, and Thessaloniki, the University of the Aegean as well as from the University of Cyprus, giving speeches on the most important European Languages and Dialects.
Co-organized and co-financed by the Prefecture of the Dodecanese and the House of Europe in Rhodes. Participation, collaboration and housing of the Conference by the Faculty of Hellenic and Mediterranean Studies of the University of the Aegean.
- A thespian production of a few sketches of a comedy in the dialect of the island of Symi.
- Hosting on a multicultural round table with the participation of eighteen (18) persons and the representation of ten (10) languages, moderated by a psychologisteducator.
- Closing of each day of activities with a musical event.
- Each one of the three sessions of the Conference was attended by 300 persons, of which 70 students of the University of the Aegean.
- Hosting of a Tour of the Island of Rhodes, featuring, among other, a guided visit of Lindos and the Village of Asclipion.